Five Things You Must Do on Your Asheville Adventure
Posted On Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Adventure abounds in Asheville and the surrounding Western North Carolina region. With the unending options of things to do for vacationers in combination with the always stunning grandeur of the mountains and valleys, it's no wonder that Asheville is a top travel destination year after year. If you follow our blog, you know that Asheville receives numerous mentions and awards annually for many of its local offerings. We are so proud.
We also love to share all we have to offer with you. We want you to explore, to relax, to sight-see, to wander, to try new things, to eat great food, to drink craft beer, and to attend a local festivals events just to name a few. In short, we want to help you to have an Asheville adventure to call your own and to make memories that will last you a lifetime.
Here are our top five things you must do during your Asheville adventure. Put them on your travel itinerary. We insist!
1. Let's start with the city itself. Explore Asheville! Have a plan or just start out on one of the downtown streets and see where it leads you. Either way, you're sure to find a rich, culturally diverse and unique place filled with quaint shops, local arts and crafts, thriving festivals, cozy coffee shops, museums and galleries, historic sites, famous fare, craft breweries, and the list goes on and on. The people are friendly and welcoming, too.
Don't forget that this month Asheville hosts the return of one of its biggest festivals, Moogfest. The five-day festival kicks off Wednesday, April 23. Earth Week is currently in progress with a culmination of Earth Day activities on Saturday, April 19. Easter festivities are abundant with one of the biggest being at Pack Square Park this Saturday for Easter on the Green. Also, don't forget it's Beer Month in this Beer City. You can find out about all of these events and more by visiting Asheville's event and festival calendar.
2. Try a new outdoor adventure and expand your horizons. Asheville's outdoor adventures are only limited to your imagination. Step out of your comfort zone and experience something new whether it's hot-air ballooning, zip-lining, whitewater rafting, canoeing, or horseback riding. The setting is ideal and you'll feel invigorated from the experience. Try it, you'll like it! You can read more about Asheville's outdoor adventures here.
3. Hike a Western North Carolina trail. You would be remiss if you didn't lace up your hiking boots and hit a local trail. Asheville offers easy access to the heart of the Pisgah National Forest, trails leading to waterfalls nestled throughout Chimney Rock State Park, over 8,000 acres of backyard at the Biltmore Estate's expansive grounds, and primitive hiking trails along the Appalachian National Scenic Trail. There are trails appropriate for every age, ability and level of experience. Find what best suits you and get ready to be awed by the inspirational views. You can read more about Western North Carolina's most popular trails and view a map of suggested hiking treks here.
4. Take a scenic drive. We would highly recommend the Blue Ridge Parkway, but there are also other adventurous options such as the Tail of the Dragon. Wherever the open road takes you, be sure to leave time to stop as you please, take in the views, and most definitely bring your camera for some amazing photo opportunities. Be ready for unexpected adventures in the form of inviting off-the-beaten-path trails, scenic vistas and overlooks, and welcoming picnic areas.
5. Stay in a vacation rental so you can have these views all to yourself. Expansive panoramic views as far as the eye can see can be yours when you stay locally in a Western North Carolina vacation rental. Step out onto your own private deck and enjoy the splendor of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountain chains at your leisure. Relish the peace and tranquility of being nestled among nature's glory. Your mountain cabin can accommodate as many as you'd like and can give you the feeling of home along with amenities and luxuries you'd expect to enjoy while on vacation. It is the only way to travel!
That's our top five! What would be on your list? We'd love to hear about your suggestions for an Asheville adventure. Our comment section welcomes you!