Biltmore Blooms Welcomes Springtime to Asheville
Posted On Wednesday, March 19, 2014
There is nothing that signals the arrival of springtime in Asheville quite like the Biltmore Blooms festival of flowers event. Waves of burgeoning color welcome you to this glorious season in Western North Carolina.
The grand and historic Biltmore Estate is a must-see during your stay in Asheville. It's a stunning combination of architecture, pristine scenic grounds and fascinating history that draws guests into its majestic gates year after year.
Spring has arrived and Biltmore's gardens are celebrating with rainbows of blossoming colors and flower varieties. The gardens were designed by landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted and showcase his vision in the lush landscapes that surround the estate to this very day.
The estate's horticultural experts continually work to preserve the original vision for the gardens and grounds, as is evidenced by the pristine maintenance and attention to detail in the acres of formal and informal gardens.
It is the perfect time of year to hike the grounds of the estate at your own pace. You can walk the extensive network of trails, along the French Broad River, through lush green forests, or among the open meadows of Deer Park. Take the 2.5-mile stroll along the paths of the manicured gardens.
Biltmore Blooms is a special event that kicks off the spring season beginning March 20 and running through May 23. Take in the artistry and natural beauty of tulips, azaleas, and numerous other flowers set amidst the stunning expanse of the Biltmore House and the surrounding estate grounds. You can visit the Annual Bloom Calendar for what you can see during all the seasons of the year at the Biltmore.
Access to the Biltmore Blooms event is included in your estate admission ticket along with:
- A self-guided visit of Biltmore House
- Access to the historic gardens and Antler Hill Village
- Admission to the exhibition, The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad
- Free wine tasting and guided winery tour
In addition to the festival of flowers, Biltmore Blooms hosts an array of other activities. Below are the locations, dates, times and events.
Antler Hill Village
- Music on the Bandstand: Sunday - Thursday 3p.m. - 7:45p.m., Saturday and Sunday 4pm. - 8:45p.m.
- Grape Stomp at the Winery: Saturday and Sunday 2p.m. - 5p.m.
- Exhibition in the Biltmore Legacy: The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad
- Floral Displays: Daily; Winter Garden orchid display open March 20 - April 6
- Classical music near the Winter Garden: Daily 30 minute sets from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Live music: Daily 30 minute sets from 11a.m. - 3p.m.
- Ask a Gardener Station: Saturday and Sunday 11a.m. - 4p.m.
- A Gardener's Place Seminars: Daily at 1p.m., 2p.m., 3p.m.
You can view a layout of the Biltmore Estate's gardens and see the garden map here. Don't forget that starting March 20, purchase your Biltmore Estate tickets at least 7 days in advance and receive a $15 discount.
We hope to see you in Asheville soon. Let us know if you have plans to visit the Biltmore House and Estate. We'd love to hear from you. Cheers to springtime!