Beer Month Begins in Asheville
Posted On Wednesday, April 02, 2014
It's that time of year again. April ushers in the start of Beer Month in Asheville. Get ready to celebrate craft beer in style with a variety of beer-centered events throughout the city, breweries, local watering holes and restaurants. Asheville was named Beer City USA for a reason!
Here's a sampling of what's on tap in Asheville during Beer Month in April. Come out and experience one or more Asheville's 18 craft breweries, take a tour, and partake in the celebration of all things beer.
- Stop by the Thirsty Monk for a pint. One of Asheville's most popular and award-winning breweries, the Thirsty Monk is a beer landmark and always a crowd pleaser. See why it was voted one of America's Best Beer Bars by Travel and Leisure magazine.
- Check out a beer dinner. There's a Spring Beer Dinner happening at Hi-Wire Brewing and a Brewers vs. Chefs dinner pairing challenge at Wicked Weed Brewing. It's a dining experience like no other.
- Celebrate with a Plaid Party. Highland Brewing Company is celebrating its 20th anniversary with a Plaid Party on April 19. Come out and enjoy live music, food trucks, and a limited edition Highland 20th Anniversary Scotch Ale.
- Take a hops tour. During the month of April, Hop'n Blueberry Farm offers special one-hour tours exploring how hops are grown. The farm was one of the first hop farms in North Carolina and is a leader in research for the state in hops production. The tour finishes with a local brew made just for you.
- Get tickets for Biltmore Village's Beer, Bites & Bands. Located at both the French Broad and Catawba breweries, enjoy great brews paired with great food and great entertainment.
Well, there's your sampling of things to do during the month of April in honor of Beer Month in Asheville. You'll also find a host of pint nights and special tasting events and releases throughout April. For a full listing of Beer Month events and happenings, click here. Be sure to check back often for updates and new additions.
Need a place to stay so you can be close and convenient to all of the Beer Month festivities? Stay in downtown Asheville and enjoy accommodations tailored to your specific needs and desires. Our downtown vacation rentals and condos offer you the comforts of home paired with the luxuries of a vacation. It's the only way to travel.
We don't know about you, but we sure are thirsty. We'll see you around town. Let us know if we'll be seeing you. Cheers to beers!