10 Ways to Have a Family Christmas while Vacationing in Asheville
Posted On Wednesday, December 10, 2014
- Christmas is my second favorite day of the year; it would be my first, but I've never seen fireworks on Christmas and I love pyrotechnics. It is a very close second though. I love everything about it, the smells, the food, the decorations, the music, most of the movies, the history, the books it really is just the most wonderful time of the year - plain and simple. But one of the most special parts of Christmas is handing down the traditions and memories to the younger generation. Whether grand kids, nieces and nephews, or your own children, ensuring that what you enjoy most about the holidays will be cherished in the future as well, is time well spent. To guarantee that the time you spend with your family is optimized check out some of these awesome activities!
- Saturday morning story time at Spellbound Children's Books
- National Gingerbread House Competition at the Omni Resorts Grove Park Inn
- Candlelight evenings and Visiting Santa at Biltmore Village
- La Zoom Holiday Bus Tours are comedy bus tours around downtown Asheville with a holiday twist
- Shadrack Christmas Wonderland a Christmas light extravaganza
- The Mainstage Series at the Diana Wortham Theatre, a special Christmas event with different styles of music, dancing, storytelling and more
- A Charlie Brown Christmas a live action performance at the Community Theatre
- The North Carolina Arboretum is having its first ever Christmas light show Winter Lights
- Check out Boyd, Mehaffey, Little Switzerland, Sandy Hollar, Frosty Mountain, or Cartner Christmas Tree Farms to choose your own tree for the season!
- Polar Express Train Ride that reenacts the favorite holiday book in an immersing experience for your whole family
- Check out our blog on Winter Group Activities to get some other cool ideas for your family this holiday season!